If you’re a business owner, then I am assuming that you want people to know about what you’re doing. One way of doing this is entering awards. Do a quick search on Google and you will find that there are awards for everything, so there will definitely be an award out there that fits your business and your skills.
With this in mind here are some reasons why you should be entering awards in 2022
1. Helps you stand out from you competitors. Who are you customers more likely to use or support Joe Bloggs or the award winner in your sector?
2. With an award comes credibility and trustworthiness, where there is credibility and trustworthiness there are more customers. It can also help with collaborations. Successful businesses like to work with others who are successful
3. Recognition of your expertise. Not all awards are an indicator of expertise or experience, but they will reinforce the value and skills and gives you recognition for your hard work.
4. Boost staff morale. If you have a team knowing that they have contributed to winning the award can be a big morale boost and can help remind them of their purpose and focus on work.
5. Levels the playing field. An award can give you the chance to compete against the big boys in your field.
6. Greater awareness. Getting nominated, becoming a finalist, or winning is all great for your business and it is likely that you will get some great publicity before the event and depending on the event organiser they may do the publicity on your behalf.
7. Publicity. Just being nominated for an award gives you the opportunity to use this for PR and publicity purposes. You will usually be given the opportunity to use the awards branding on your website and in your marketing materials, all of which help build trust and awareness with your target audience.
8. Exposure. A positive side-effect of being nominated and entering awards is additional exposure for your company. Depending on the judging panel, an award is a fantastic opportunity to get in front of influential people in your sector.
9. Enhances customer retention and loyalty. Entering and winning let’s customers know that you are at the top of your game, which reinforces their reasons for coming to you in the first place and it also increases loyalty as customers like to be seen to be associated with businesses that are doing well.
So, if you are planning to enter awards in 2022, do some research into what awards are out there, who has won in the past, if the process works for you and what category get bests suits your business and what you have achieved in the past year.
Rebecca Slater is a PR Consultant with more than 20 years public relations experience. She is based in Staffordshire but provides support to businesses all over the country.