Getting started in PR can be scary for a small business but I have something to tell you. You already have everything you need to get started. I know you don’t believe me. You might be thinking that you don’t know where to begin or what you need to get started but trust me you do have what you need.
1. You have business, a business that I guess that you love.
2. Behind that business there must be a story. One of the key things needed for successful PR is a story. The fact you have a business tells me there must be a reason why and that’s the story. Why you started the business? Did you see a gap in the market and decide to fill it? Did something happen in your life that made you decide that you wanted to go self-employed.
3. You have a following and customers. More than likely if you’ve been in business for any length of time you will have a following on social media and customers/clients that you have worked with. Share your story with them and let them share their story of working with you with a wider audience.
4. You know your budget. Whether it’s £0 or £1,000’s there are ways you can get creative with PR
5. You know what you want to achieve. Whether it is the promotion of a particular product or an interview in a certain publication you probably have an idea of what you want and if you know where you want to go then you can utilise PR to help you get there.
So, there you have it, you already have everything you need. If you still need a bit of clarity, somebody to brainstorm with or just a chat to sense check your ideas then book a Dig Deeper Call with me where we can spend 75 minutes hashing over your ideas leaving you feeling more confident and ready to get started.
Rebecca Slater is a PR Consultant with more than 20 years public relations experience. She is based in Staffordshire and provides support to businesses all over the country.
Find out more at www.beckandcallpr.co.uk or email email@example.com